My blog was a university blog. Now that I am moving from Italy to Australia, it will be my secret place to keep in touch with people I love!

domenica 6 maggio 2007

...SOMETHING ABOUT WIKI 2...

Everybody surfing the net could come and read what we had written but they could never leave a comment or other information. When i first entered Edutech, I understood that it was completely different. Indeed this is a wiki created by the University of Geneva. It deals with Educational Technology and it is useful both for teachers and students. This wiki has little to do with the one we created, indeed everybody can come here and edit the numerous pages it contains. Obviously there are some rules to follow and that's why Sarah made us read them before starting to do anything. We all had to choose a page to edit and improve its content with new information. Alexandra and I chose to edit the News feed Aggregator page. We thought it may be interesting because feed aggregators is one of the topics we have experienced throughout this year.
Wow..it was not such an easy work..you have to take into consideration many things: the rules, the fact that aybody can read it and that here is a webmaster that may decide not to accept what you have written. In addition I feel a bit responsible because I did not want a student to get confused about this subject just because I had written mock information on the page.
By now I can say that "our" page has improved since the first time we had a look at it. It seems to me as if it looks better and more interesting.

By the end of this course I've understood that collaborative works and experiences are something useful and positive. There is nothing wrong in giving your help to someone who needs it!

Alida

Nessun commento: